Projects in the queue

  • 8-ball tournaments
  • Custom Pool Cue

Monday, March 19, 2012

A measure of revenge, and my first win!

One thing I did not mention about last week is that the night after my Straight Pool match, I ran into my opponent at a different pool hall, and we played some 8-ball.  I won the 8-ball match 3-1, and while it did not really count for anything, it gave me a bit of confidence that I had been lacking.

This past Saturday, I had my next Straight Pool match.  Due to the handicaps, I had to get to 69 while my opponent had to get to 75.  I did not shoot lights-out, and I had a few break shots where I missed the shot while breaking the rack (always a bad move in a Straight Pool game), but I was steady.  I generally made shots I meant to make, and I was able to string together runs of 5 or 7 balls a few times.  Suddenly I looked up at the scoreboard and realized that I only needed four balls to win!  I ran out four shots in a row for my first Straight Pool match victory in about 15 years.  Good to get the first one under my belt!  Final score was 69-56.

So...not sure how the rest of the season will go, but it seems to be (maybe) going in the right direction for now.

No comments: