Projects in the queue

  • 8-ball tournaments
  • Custom Pool Cue

Monday, May 21, 2007

Some success along the way

During this entire process, it would seem from my posts that nothing I did came out right. That is not quite true. In fact, one of my first attempts came out fairly well. It was a slimline style pen, made with Padauk (pronounced pah-duke) and not really polished, but for a first try, pretty encouraging:



I still had (and, indeed, STILL have) a lot to learn, and I wanted to start making Classic American style pens (like the one I made in class). Many of them, as I stated earlier, came out too short due to the brass tubes being cut down by the barrel trimmer. Eventually, though, with the help of my guru at WoodCraft, I figured that part out. This is a Classic American style pen that I made out of Bird's Eye Maple and Aromatic Red Cedar:


No comments: